6 Actions To Improve Your Life Today
1. Have the courage to choose happiness. It takes courage to make the changes we need in our lives to be happy. Courage to move forward, courage to leave behind, courage to choose growth. We’re the only ones with the power to make those changes, and yet, choosing our happiness is sometimes a struggle. We care so much about pleasing others that we neglect what it is we truly want. Remember that although we can’t control everything that happens in our lives, we do have control of the choices we make, and happiness is a choice that we should never waver on.
2. Walk Away. From the friends you kept in your life just because you’ve known them for years. If the friendship doesn’t serve you, if it doesn’t make you a better person, if it makes you feel like shit because they judge you or put you down, walk away. There is only so much you can give, and some people never know when to stop taking. Some people are too selfish to know what friendship really means. Leave those people behind. Same goes for the quasi-relationship you’ve been a player in for years. Free yourself from that negativity.
3. Eliminate poor habits. The habits that have no positive impact on your health. Whether it’s the food you eat, the sedentary lifestyle you’ve had for years, not drinking enough water, refusing to get the sleep you need, or the naughty vices you won’t give up. Make the changes today with your future body in mind. Choosing a lifestyle of wellness and making positive changes for your health can happen today. We can’t have the “diet starts Monday” mentality when it comes to our health because Monday isn’t always guaranteed.
4. Stop comparing yourself to what you see. Because most of it isn’t even real. You’re looking at someone else’s highlights, at what society says is normal. If you compare and strive to be like other people, you’ll never be satisfied, you’ll always be chasing what you believe to be better. Theodore Roosevelt was pretty spot on when he said “Comparison is the thief of joy”. Enjoy the journey of your life, knowing that your path is uniquely you. If you think you need to be better that someone, strive to be better than who you were yesterday.
5. Accept responsibility for your life. Nothing, and I mean nothing, is more irritating that someone who constantly complains about their situation, and does nothing to change it. No one can change your situation but you. If you don’t like something, take action to remedy it, or stop complaining. Otherwise everyone will assume that you just like attention and crying wolf. And ps: please stop blaming others when things don’t go your way.
6. Be unapologetically you. You are beautifully quirky and unique. Don’t apologize for who you are, for the weird way you dance, for your awkward loud laugh, for your Harry Potter obsession. These are some of the characteristics that make you who you are. Don’t apologize for deeply loving, for graciously giving, for helping others. Just keep being the beautiful soul you are♥